baseball

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Muffins with Mom




Thursday I went with Eden to her school for Muffins with Mom. It was so sweet. Each child was responsible for getting their mom's muffin and drink. She had colored me a bouquet of flowers that was sitting at my place setting. Then she handed me a book that was "All about my Mom." The children had to fill in the blanks telling about their mom with no help from Mrs. Sherry. This is when the waterworks began!! It was so sweet and it just hit me that my "baby" is growing up. Plus the fact that I am a week away from having a baby...I have plenty of excuses to cry! Eden was so worried about why I was crying. It is hard to explain to a kindergartener that I was crying because I was so happy. She asked if I didn't like what she wrote! It was so cute. Here are a few of the things she wrote in the book:

My mom is special because...She is cool. I love her.
I like it when my mom...Plays with me.
My mom is best at...Cooking.
My mom is as pretty as a...Barbie!! (now that is true love)
My mom is smart! She even knows...Everything.
I'd like to tell my Mom...I love you!
My mom's favorite food is...crab legs.
My mom likes to...Hug me!

She wrote all of this on her own:
My mom is the best. She is nice. Because she feeds me. She loves me. She helps me find bugs. She reads with me. I'm pretty like her. She plays with me. I love my mom because takes care of me. Feeds me. Plays with me. Let's me dress up in her cloes. Puts makeup on me. Reads with me. Dresses me. Lets me have allowance. I love her because she loves me.

By: Eden May 5, 2009

No comments: