baseball

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Eden's 1st Slumber Party






Eden will be turning 6 years old on May 20th and the baby is scheduled to arrive on May 15th. Sooo... we decided to have an early birthday party for Eden before it gets too crazy around here. We wanted her to have her own special time to celebrate and really make it "all about her." We asked her what she wanted to do and all she wanted was to have a sleep over. I figured we had better do it soon while I still felt like being host to several little girls running around and giggling! So we had it last week during her spring break. It actually turned out really great. There ended up being 5 girls plus Eden. It was the perfect number. Lily got to spend the night with her very best friend, Hope. This was the first time Lily had spent the night away from home without Eden being with her. She did wonderful. She would hardly even tell me goodbye. She was ready to go. The next day when I picked her up I was kissing all over her and squeezing her and told her I missed her and she looked up at me with those big brown eyes and said in her raspy voice, " Mom, I 'like' love you and everything, but I didn't miss you." She is hilarious! Anyway, needless to say she had a great time and is driving me crazy asking when she can do it again. It worked out really well because Eden got to have just a big girl party and I was able to give Eden all my attention. We made personal pan pizzas, ate cupcakes, made popcorn and chocolate chip cookies. The girls got to paint a canvas to take home as their party favor. The paintings turned out really cute. All the girls got along and it was a really great party. Happy "early" Birthday, EDEN!! We love you so much and cannot believe you are almost 6 years old!
** The apron that Eden is wearing while she painted is one that my Nana made for my cousin Jenna when she was little. It is very special to us. Eden loves the fact that it was Jenna's. Thank you, Jenna for passing it along to us.

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Billie - Found you through Danna's blog. Your family is BEAUTIFUL! And you are looking great - CONGRATS on #3!

Just wanted to let you know I stopped by!

~Bev~

Andy and Mandy said...

Can't believe she is going to be 6 - ugh...too old!! I am mailing another package...birthday package...be on the lookout!! We blog too....
lifeofasharpe.blogspot.com

Love you!!!!

Jenna said...

I can't believe my little mini-me is 6! They are growing up too fast!!